Renovations to this 1938 WPA High School Gymnasium included the complete gutting and reconstruction of the building’s interior. The first floor houses the primary book racks and offices, while the second floor contains children area book racks and offices for growth.
The entry lobby has two rooms flanking it, one a conference room and one a kitchen. These rooms can be used after hours by public organizations, as access from the lobby into the library is controlled by another set of door.
The library now also contains an accessible elevator and accessible restrooms on both floors. The rich architectural character of both the interior and exterior of this wonderful WPA building has truly been brought back to life for continued civic use in the 21st Century.